These super fun and super moist birthday cake donuts, are completely free of grains, dairy, and artificial colors and flavors so you can share in the joy of baking and tasting, worry-free.
- 1 C almond flour (packed)
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 1/4 C tapioca flour or arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 C plain dairy free yogurt OR full fat coconut milk mixed with 1 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 - 1/3 C coconut or maple sugar (to taste)
- 1/4C Good Good Sweet Like Syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Beyond Good tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tap almond extract
Topping and Glaze
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously oil a nonstick or silicone donut pan. Silicone donut pans work the best
2) In a large bowl or measuring cup, mix the plain yogurt and lemon juice, and let sit for several minutes. Add in the eggs, syrup and coconut sugar.
3)In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients. Combine wet and dry.
4) Carefully spoon in batter to each donut mold, filling about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 18 minutes, or until the edges are light golden brown.
5) Prepare glaze ingredients: first prepare the coloring mixture by combining ¼ of the Blackberry packet, adding lemon juice, then stirring in the coconut milk, softened coconut butter, and maple syrup.
6) Let cool completely while you make the topping. When they cool, gently carve out each donut with a spatula.
7) Dip each donut in glaze. Top with sprinkles.